Friday, May 3, 2013

Writing my first book...

A couple of months ago, I began writing my first book. I've always been an avid reader, writing seemed like a natural transition, I thought it actually wouldn't be all that hard.

For years, my boyfriend and I have been having regular conversations beginning with, "You know what would be a cool book idea?" But nothing ever came from these conversations, the idea is the easy part -- no one ever tells you that. I always just thought having an interesting idea would write your ticket. Not true.

I've been spending the last few months researching other writers' blogs, writing websites, participating in prompt activities, watching tutorials, and spending an allotted amount of time with my own manuscript every week.

It always starts the same, I dread sitting down to actually write, I can find almost anything else I'd rather do. It didn't start that way, I actually felt some sort of writing high the first day I wrote, but now it's like pulling teeth. The thing is, after I get through the first few minutes and sentences, I get that high back again! The words start flowing, my character continues developing, and ideas come out of nowhere!

So I guess writing has turned out to be the hobby that I love to hate.

Here's to hoping I get through this and have something to show for it at the end... 

No comments:

Post a Comment